The European Grand Prix two weeks ago saw the Formula 1 Results Predictor correctly predict six finishing positions, and our first ever Guest Predictor managed to correctly predict the podium! Surely we weren't going to improve on that this week? Click here to see our results from the last race.
An unusual race took place at Silverstone today. The cars lined up on the bone dry grid, yet on the opposite side of the track, there was lots of standing water. Sauber's Sergio Perez almost became an early casualty of the weather, aquaplaning through a puddle and ending up bouncing through the gravel - and that was only on the warm-up lap!
In light of Perez's adventures, all teams decided to fit their cars with intermediate tyres, which could cope easily with the wet track, but would overheat quickly in the dry.
Due to the typically British weather conditions, the race became quite an exciting affair, particularly in comparison to the last race in Valencia.
Lots of drivers were affected by problems in the pit lane. Sebastian Vettel lost the lead due to a dodgy wheel nut, Jenson Button's race was ended after he didn't receive a wheel nut, and Paul di Resta's race was hampered by his Force India team bringing his team mate's tyres to the pit box instead of his own.
So taking all this into consideration, how did this affect our predictions? Our Guest Predictor for Silverstone was Gary Marshall who runs the Formula 1 blog Marshall GP.
Provisional Race Results:
1. Fernando Alonso - Ferrari - Gary's (GM) Prediction 1st - F1RP Prediction 13th
2. Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull - GM 2nd - F1RP 2nd
3. Mark Webber - Red Bull - GM 3rd - F1RP 1st
4. Lewis Hamilton - McLaren - GM 4th - F1RP 5th
5. Felipe Massa - Ferrari - GM 20th - F1RP 7th
6. Nico Rosberg - Mercedes - GM 7th - F1RP 4th
7. Sergio Perez - Sauber - GM 14th - F1RP 9th
8. Nick Heidfeld - Renault - GM 21st - F1RP 10th
9. Michael Schumacher - Mercedes - GM 13th - F1RP 12th
10. Jaime Alguersuari - Toro Rosso - GM 15th - F1RP 14th
11. Adrian Sutil - Force India - GM 12th - F1RP 17th
12. Vitaly Petrov - Renault - GM 5th - F1RP 11th
13. Rubens Barrichello - Williams - GM 10th - F1RP 8th
14. Pastor Maldonado - Williams - GM 23rd - F1RP 18th
15. Paul di Resta - Force India - GM 11th - F1RP 16th
16. Timo Glock - Virgin - GM 22nd - F1RP - 21st
17. Jerome D'Ambrosio - Virgin - GM 18th - F1RP 24th
18. Vitantonio Liuzzi - Hispania - GM 17th - F1RP 22nd
19. Daniel Ricciardo - Hispania - GM 19th - F1RP 23rd
DNF Jenson Button - McLaren - GM 6th - F1RP 3rd
DNF Sebastien Buemi - Toro Rosso - GM 8th - F1RP 15th
DNF Kamui Kobayashi - Sauber - GM 9th - F1RP 6th
DNF Jarno Trulli - Team Lotus - GM 24th - F1RP 19th
DNF Heikki Kovalainen - Team Lotus - GM 16th - F1RP 20th
Many thanks to Gary for being the Guest Predictor this week.
Not as many thanks though for showing the Formula 1 Results Predictor up, and correctly predicting five places, in comparison to our single correct prediction!
Also, once again, our Guest Predictor has managed to correctly predict the podium (well, top four actually) - very impressive!
This week's Top Driver, based on our predictions, goes to Felipe Massa.
For more information on the race, visit www.formula1.com
Visit Gary's website marshallgp.wordpress.com and follow him on Twitter @marshallgp