With a total recorded time of over 4 hours 4 minutes, a very wet Canadian Grand Prix took place yesterday.
Jenson Button, after driving through the pit lane six times (five times for tyres and once for a drive-through penalty), after two accidents and after being investigated by the race stewards three times, amazingly won the Grand Prix which McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh described as "one of the best wins in the history of F1" (see www.autosport.com)
The race was stopped for about two hours whilst torrential rain flooded the track, and many laps were recorded behind the safety car.
Button was at one point running in last place, and didn't take the lead of the Grand Prix until half way through the final lap, capitalising on a rare mistake from Championship leader Sebastian Vettel.
The race saw Button collide with Ferrari's Fernando Alonso, putting the Spaniard out of the race, but earlier he inadvertently forced his own team mate, Lewis Hamilton, into the pit wall and out of the race.
Vettel's team mate Mark Webber will be fairly pleased with his third place finish, after contact with Hamilton caused the Australian to spin and lose several positions.
Michael Schumacher gave probably his best performance since returning to the sport, running in the top three for much of the race.
Provisional Race Results:
1. Jenson Button - McLaren - Prediction 2nd
2. Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull - Prediction 3rd
3. Mark Webber - Red Bull - Prediction 5th
4. Michael Schumacher - Mercedes - Prediction 10th
5. Vitaly Petrov - Renault - Prediction 12th
6. Felipe Massa - Ferrari - Prediction 11th
7. Kamui Kobayashi - Sauber - Prediction 9th
8. Jaime Alguersuari - Toro Rosso - Prediction 13th
9. Rubens Barrichello - Williams - Prediction 17th
10. Sebastien Buemi - Toro Rosso - Prediction 8th
11. Nico Rosberg - Mercedes - Prediction 6th
12. Pedro de la Rosa - Sauber - Prediction N/A
13. Vitantonio Liuzzi - Hispania - Prediction 18th
14. Jerome D'Ambrosio - Virgin - Prediction 24th
15. Timo Glock - Virgin - Prediction 22nd
16. Jarno Trulli - Team Lotus - Prediction 20th
17. Narain Karthikeyan - Hispania - Prediction 23rd
18. Paul di Resta - Force India - Prediction 16th
DNF Pastor Maldonado - Williams - Prediction 19th
DNF Nick Heidfeld - Renault - Prediction 7th
DNF Adrian Sutil - Force India - Prediction 14th
DNF Fernando Alonso - Ferrari - Prediction 4th
DNF Heikki Kovalainen - Team Lotus - Prediction 21st
DNF Lewis Hamilton - McLaren - Prediction 1st
Not one correct prediction from the Formula 1 Results Predictor here - unless you count Pastor Maldonado?!
With such an unusual race and several retirements, it just didn't work out this time.
Performer of the day is Jerome D'Ambrosio, who finished 10 places above his predicted finishing position.