Sunday saw an interesting race take place at Monza, Italy. The tifosi were out in force, hoping to see their favourite scarlet cars battling for the lead over the fast circuit.
The main highlights were the first corner accident, which saw three cars eliminated from the race and the safety car deployed, and the ongoing battles between a very defensive Michael Schumacher and an unusually restrained Lewis Hamilton.
Sebastian Vettel won the race comfortably, meaning that he can mathematically win a second World Championship crown at the next Grand Prix in Singapore.
Vettel's team mate Mark Webber crashed out of the Grand Prix, unable to navigate the quick track after losing his front wing tangling Ferrari's Felipe Massa. Incredibly, this was the first time this season that a Red Bull hadn't finished in the top five!
Our Guest Predictor for this race is aspiring F1 journalist Jack Leslie. He has a tough job if he wants to match the previous Guest Predictor who managed five correct predictions.
Provisional Race Results:
1. Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull Racing - Jack's (JL) Prediction 4th - F1RP Prediction 2nd
2. Jenson Button - McLaren - JL 1st - F1RP 1st
3. Fernando Alonso - Ferrari - JL 2nd - F1RP 3rd
4. Lewis Hamilton - McLaren - JL 3rd - F1RP 10th
5. Michael Schumacher - Mercedes - JL 10th - F1RP 9th
6. Felipe Massa - Ferrari - JL 6th - F1RP 4th
7. Jaime Alguersuari - Toro Rosso - JL 11th - F1RP 12th
8. Paul di Resta - Force India - JL 7th - F1RP 16th
9. Bruno Senna - Renault - JL 22nd - F1RP 17th
10. Sebastien Buemi - Toro Rosso - JL 19th - F1RP 13th
11. Pastor Maldonado - Williams - JL 23rd - F1RP 18th
12. Rubens Barrichello - Williams - JL 14th - F1RP 6th
13. Heikki Kovalainen - Team Lotus - JL 16th - F1RP 19th
14. Jarno Trulli - Team Lotus - JL 21st - JL 22nd
15. Timo Glock - Virgin - JL 17th - F1RP 21st
NC. Daniel Ricciardo - Hispania - JL 18th - F1RP 23rd
DNF Sergio Perez - Sauber - JL 15th - F1RP 14th
DNF Kamui Kobayashi - Sauber - JL 12th - F1RP 7th
DNF Adrian Sutil - Force India - JL 9th - F1RP 15th
DNF Mark Webber - Red Bull Racing - JL 5th - F1RP 5th
DNF Jerome D'Ambrosio - Virgin - JL 20th - F1RP 24th
DNF Vitaly Petrov - Renault - JL 13th - F1RP 11th
DNF Nico Rosberg - Mercedes - JL 8th - F1RP 8th
DNF Vitantonio Liuzzi - Hispania - JL 24th - F1RP 20th
Many thanks to Jack for being the Guest Predictor this week.
Jack managed two correct predictions, including deciding that Tonio Liuzzi would be the first retirement!
The Formula 1 Results Predictor managed just one solitary correct prediction.
The joint Top Drivers of the weekend, based on our predictions, were Bruno Senna and Pastor Maldonado.
For more information on the race, visit www.formula1.com
Visit Jack's website www.talkfromjackleslief1.blogspot.com and follow him on Twitter @JackLeslieF1